1. Introduction to our program including setting program and personal goals, making introductions, and selecting friends.
2. Choosing friends including thinking about what makes a friendship satisfying, healthy, and supportive
3. Active listening focuses on being a good listener to learn about others
4. Being a good conversationalist is needed to be able to develop and maintain close, positive friendships
5. Emotion recognition helps students identify feelings in themselves and others which helps in building empathy skills
6. Emotional knowledge helps to support flexibility in friendships by understanding that people can have more than one feeling at a time and that feelings may change